5 Laptop Maintenance Mistakes that can kill Your Hardware Lifespan
Do you know all PCs fail eventually and they have a limited lifespan? If yes, then what is your regular laptop or pc maintenance routine? Several people don’t follow any maintenance routine for their system, face various internal and external difficulties, spend high amount of money on pc or laptop repair. But don’t worry you can avoid such types of costs in your case by being little aware towards common pc maintenance mistakes. Here we will discuss some most common computer maintenance mistakes that can kill the lifespan of your hardware.
- Poor Ventilation: Poor ventilation will cause heating problem in any computer or laptop. Heat is the biggest factor to damage laptop components, make it slower and shorter its battery life. As you know, laptops come with in-built fans to dissipate the heat that they generate while using. These fans may be obstructed easily due to different reasons and can affect system ventilation.
- Loose Cables: Next major maintenance mistake that can damage your lapi’s hardware lifespan is loose cable connection. Sometimes you don’t care about them due to busy life schedule or unawareness and compel to pay high cost to a laptop/computer repair
- Power Surges: Power surges may be caused by many factors, from lightning strikes to large applications in the home (such as washing machines and refrigerators). But they are dangerous because they can cause great damage to your system. In normal, they can damage data or need to replace your pc’s power supply unit. But in worst situation it can damage your motherboard which will lead to high repair cost.
- Power Cuts: Besides the power surges, power cuts are also harmful to your system. A sudden power cut can cause data loss problem or may create permanent hardware damage. Many people don’t care about the power cuts, continue their work and face several problems.
- Battery Drain: However, most of the manufacturers provide warranty on battery, but without proper care you cannot use it for a long time. There are three main things that you should know about the battery to use it for lifetime.
1) Heat is the fastest way to degrade a laptop’s battery. That’s why try to keep your laptop within the recommended operating temperatures of your battery.
2) Don’t charge your laptop 100% all time and keep it plugged in most of the time.
3) Avoid fully discharge of the battery
By avoiding above mistakes you can give your system and its hardware long life.