- Computer slows down suddenly
- Ads pop-up that you can’t make go away
- Computer stops responding or locks up often
- You’re being directed to sites you didn’t intend to visit
- Computer restarts and then fails to run normally
- Applications don’t work correctly
- Unusual error messages
- Distorted menus and dialog boxes
- Internet connection or hard disk seems to be working overtime
Not sure what to believe when it comes to online safety? There are so many rumours concerning internet viruses, banking scams, and dangerous emails that it can usually seem easier just to stop listening and trust completely in your anti-virus software to provide you with online safety. Unfortunately, it takes a bit more vigilance to keep yourself protected.
Won’t my anti-virus software keep my computer safe?
A basic misunderstanding of computer viruses and other online safety threats means that, too often, computer users target only on type of threat without realising they are still prone to other kinds of malevolency online. Threats like spyware and hackers won’t be stopped by anti-virus software.